The installation of Espresso is easy and intuitive. You can place the program files where
you want them.
So I can imagine that your first question is why should pay for Espresso when Outlook
Express is free? Good question, glad that you asked it. Spam is the answer. Espresso
is built from the bottom up to be a better email client and help you rid yourself of Spam.
Of course there are other factors you need to look at to. The first Big One is can
I import messages from my old email software. The answer is yes, you can:
- Import messages from:
- Outlook Express 4 (MBX Folders)
- Outlook Express 5/6 (DBX Folders)
- Email Files (*.eml)
- Other (MBox)
If you are currently using Outlook Express you will find the interface of Espresso
looks about the same. With one major difference, Espresso has some really useful easy
to understand buttons at the top.
Espresso is going to try to get rid of your spam by a number of methods, the main way
is by permissions. By this I mean you tell Espresso who you want mail from and who you
don't want it from. An easy way to start out is to import your contacts list from another
program, and allow all of them.
- Click on the Blacklist tab.
- Enter a list of email addresses or domains from whom you do not want to receive messages, if any at this time. If not, just leave this section blank.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Check the options available to determine how you want Espresso to manage your messages. It is recommended that in the beginning you check Send Permission Notice to unknown senders just in case you missed adding someone's email address to the permissions list.
There are other reasons to use Espresso too. Here are just a few
- Add notes to individual messages.
- Flag important messages.
- Supports pop3, imap4, http protocols.
- Pre configured for easy setup of hotmail and gmail.
- Built-in backup and restoration of mailboxs.
In conclusion, if you are in the market for a new email client that is fully featured,
easy to use and gets rid of your spam problem Espresso is for you.
Try It! Buy It!
Ease of Installation:
Reviewed by Joe Tex
Espresso is a permissions-based email client, that is designed to filter all unwanted mail
from your Inbox by only allowing messages from known senders. All other emails are moved
to a Junk folder for further review.
The program integrates a challenge/response system that can automatically send and
approval request to unknown senders, which allows them to verify their intend and be
added to your list of approved senders. Messages can be approved based on the sender`s
address, domain and also keyword in the subject or body of the message.
If you have a limited range of people that you are in contact with, this
type of spam control can be very effective, as it does not rely on filtering, but only
allows the mail from the people or sites that you want to communicate with.
You can always review the filtered messages to make sure you did not overlook any
important message, and the program can automatically delete them after X days.
Other features include message tagging, pre-configured support for Gmail and Hotmail,
spell checking, integrated backup and more.Espresso supports POP3, IMAP4, HTTP protocols.
Our Rating: Very Good